We intend for this blog to be a space for sharing our wonderings, thoughts, and inspirations with you. Who is the “you”? Well, I guess any of you who are reading this post. We write because we wish to share. Because there is something deep within us that groans for expression, and we just can’t keep it in any longer. Yet sharing is more than my writing, and you reading. As a child, the joy of sharing is having others to share with. Sharing is a dialogue, not a monologue. For us, we hope that some morsel of our sharing may spark something in you, something you desire to share. So thank you for your time in reading what we have to share. And please, feel free to share with us. You make this work more than our ruminations. Because of you, we can share.
Side note: we are working on the format. So please excuse some of the redundancy below.
- A Night to Remember in Arthur Ashe Stadium (9/9/2019) - By Rodney Franklin The third round of the US Open in New York was set with Naomi Osaka the 2018 US Open champion and Coco Gauff the 15 year old phenom. The Arthur Ashe stadium in the Queens borough of New York City is the largest of its kind in the world and was filled […]
- Not In My Backyard (8/23/2019) - By: Valerie Burton 8 Minute Read Why did two of your ministers sign the Interfaith Proclamation of Sanctuary? And how did we end up on the news? We owe you an explanation. We also want you to be an informed congregation for this difficult conversation on immigration and justice. Taylor and Valerie have written two entries […]
- What is “Sanctuary” (8/22/2019) - By: Taylor Bell 5 minute read Why did two of your ministers sign the Interfaith Proclamation of Sanctuary? And how did we end up on the news? We owe you an explanation. We also want you to be an informed congregation for this difficult conversation on immigration and justice. Taylor and Valerie have written two […]
- The Question of Meaning and Christian Calling (8/8/2019) - By: Taylor Bell This blog post is an introduction to Life is Calling Team, a Lilly Endowment funded project led by Samford’s Center for Congregational Resources (CCR) researching how churches can more deeply help people discern and embody their God-given callings. As one of 16 CCR partnering congregations, a BCOC Life is Calling Team has […]
- What Happened To Summer? (8/1/2019) - By Rodney Franklin What happened to summer? What happened to pool parties, summer camps and hanging out with friends and family at the beach? What happened to summer? What happened to summer cookouts with endless days of lawns and gardens hoping for rain? What happened to summer? [...]