We intend for this blog to be a space for sharing our wonderings, thoughts, and inspirations with you. Who is the “you”? Well, I guess any of you who are reading this post. We write because we wish to share. Because there is something deep within us that groans for expression, and we just can’t keep it in any longer. Yet sharing is more than my writing, and you reading. As a child, the joy of sharing is having others to share with. Sharing is a dialogue, not a monologue. For us, we hope that some morsel of our sharing may spark something in you, something you desire to share. So thank you for your time in reading what we have to share. And please, feel free to share with us. You make this work more than our ruminations. Because of you, we can share.
Side note: we are working on the format. So please excuse some of the redundancy below.
- Trunk or Treat 2019 (10/17/2019) - October 31 6:00 – 7:30 pm It’s almost Halloween and while a lot of Christians have mixed feelings on this creepy holiday, at BCOC, we treat Halloween as one of those opportunities to share wonderful hospitality every year. It’s our goal to inject some fun, light, and kindness into our neighborhood. The question, “What are […]
- Communion Began as Supper. What’s this got to do with Food Policy? (10/16/2019) - By: Taylor Bell 5 Minute Read For Baptist Church of the Covenant, October 20th is Bread for the World Sunday. We hold this annual service in partnership with Bread for the World, a faith-based advocacy organization that works for better domestic and international food policy. Their central concern is those who are chronically hungry and […]
- A Night to Remember in Arthur Ashe Stadium (9/9/2019) - By Rodney Franklin The third round of the US Open in New York was set with Naomi Osaka the 2018 US Open champion and Coco Gauff the 15 year old phenom. The Arthur Ashe stadium in the Queens borough of New York City is the largest of its kind in the world and was filled […]
- Not In My Backyard (8/23/2019) - By: Valerie Burton 8 Minute Read Why did two of your ministers sign the Interfaith Proclamation of Sanctuary? And how did we end up on the news? We owe you an explanation. We also want you to be an informed congregation for this difficult conversation on immigration and justice. Taylor and Valerie have written two entries […]
- What is “Sanctuary” (8/22/2019) - By: Taylor Bell 5 minute read Why did two of your ministers sign the Interfaith Proclamation of Sanctuary? And how did we end up on the news? We owe you an explanation. We also want you to be an informed congregation for this difficult conversation on immigration and justice. Taylor and Valerie have written two […]