We intend for this blog to be a space for sharing our wonderings, thoughts, and inspirations with you. Who is the “you”? Well, I guess any of you who are reading this post. We write because we wish to share. Because there is something deep within us that groans for expression, and we just can’t keep it in any longer. Yet sharing is more than my writing, and you reading. As a child, the joy of sharing is having others to share with. Sharing is a dialogue, not a monologue. For us, we hope that some morsel of our sharing may spark something in you, something you desire to share. So thank you for your time in reading what we have to share. And please, feel free to share with us. You make this work more than our ruminations. Because of you, we can share.
Side note: we are working on the format. So please excuse some of the redundancy below.
- Reflections on the “imago Dei” (1/23/2020) - By: Taylor Bell 8 minute read. Gen 1:26-28a Then God said, “Let us make humankind in our image, according to our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the wild animals of earth, and over every […]
- King Day 2020 (1/16/2020) - This month we celebrate Dr. Martin L. King Jr. day and remember his mission and ministry. Dr. King was born on January 15, 1929 in Atlanta, Ga. He grew up the son of a Baptist preacher and under segregation which was a policy that required Blacks to use separate facilities than Whites and to attend different schools [...]
- Why We Are So Excited About Covenant’s Life Is Calling Work (12/4/2019) - 5 minute read In January 2020, Covenant’s role in the Life is Calling Initiative will transition from research and project development to the implementation of the Ecosystem of Discernment. For each member of the Covenant Life is Calling Team, this work is deeply meaningful. Each of us hold personally compelling reasons to consistently gather for […]
- The Gift of Thanksgiving: The Virtue of Gratitude (11/26/2019) - By: Taylor Bell 8 minute read Every Thanksgiving Day I am reminded again of an essential gift: gratitude. This past Sunday, I was reminded of the importance of gratitude as I had the privilege of leading our church’s Children’s Sermon. With Thanksgiving around the corner, I chose to focus on the Christian practice of gratitude. […]
- Thank You! (11/18/2019) - By Rodney Franklin We are in the season of giving as we prepare for Stewardship Sunday. What a wonderful way to say thank you to God for all of God’s blessings and God leading us as a congregation to be not only a house of prayer for all people but also a church ever seeking to meet the needs of those we serve inside and outside of the walls of God’s house. God has been so good and we can never stop saying THANK YOU! [...]